What is Buildings Insurance
Buildings Insurance from Goldstar is comprehensive cover to protect your residential or commercial premises against risks of Fire and Allied Perils. Permanent fixtures are also covered, as are driveways, fences, walls and other buildings.
If you have a commercial building, loss of rent in the event of Fire and Allied Perils can also be covered.
What’s coveredProtection against damage or subsidence.Loss or damage to buildings
- Caused by events such as fire, theft and flooding
- Cover includes fences, walls or gates
- We also cover subsidence, heave of land and landslip
- The structure of your garage and any outbuildings are covered as standard
- We’ll also cover swimming pools, ponds and fountains, hard courts, terraces, and patios
- Protection for injuries or property damage (if you’re legally liable as the owner)
What’s not coveredUnfortunately, we can’t cover everything – make sure you’re happy with what’s not covered, including:
- Wet rot, dry rot or frost damage
- Damage that’s been caused over time
- Claims for poor workmanship or faulty design
What’s optionalChoose optional add-ons at an additional cost to create cover that suits you.
- Political Violence and Terrorism: Cover against political violence and terrorism
- Loss of Income/Rent: Cover for loss of income or rent in the event of a covered peril
Other types of insurance cover
You will need contents insurance, sometimes known as all risk cover, for items for which you require cover out with the home. Please provide details of these items at the time of quotation to ensure that the policy provided meets with your requirements.
Accidental Damage cover provides protection against costs incurred through damage that you, your family members or visitors may cause to the structure of your Building or to your Contents. Examples of incidents which would be covered under this extension include putting your foot through the loft floor damaging the ceiling below, leaving a tap running leading to water damage or carpet spillages. Such incidents would not be included under a policy taken out to cover Standard Perils only.
Additional charges will apply and in certain circumstances this cover might not be available.
Items kept in the garage or garden sheds will be covered under the Contents section of your policy provided you have included their value in the total sum insured declared. Limits may apply to the amount that can be claimed for theft of items taken from outbuildings and additional charges may be made for certain items such as ride on mowers. Cover for motor vehicles and motorcycles is excluded. Please declare your requirements for cover kept in outbuildings at the time of quotation to ensure that the policy provided meets with your requirements.
In most cases you will need to arrange cover for your own contents and personal possessions. Please refer to your tenancy agreement to check what, if any cover is provided by your landlord.
An excess is the amount a policyholder is required to pay towards the cost of any claim. You may be asked to pay this amount to a company that has carried out repairs on behalf of your insurer, or alternatively the sum will be deducted from any settlement received.
- Ensure you declare a list of items to be insured under contents insurance including serial numbers, model, make and have the correct sum insured
- Always keep valuables safely and locked out of site to protect against the risk of theft