What is Group Personal Accident Insurance
Group Personal Accident Insurance provides a comprehensive coverage for all expenses associated with accidents up to an agreed limit. In case of the accidental death of the insured, 100% of sum insured is paid to the nominee. This policy provides protection against insured’s burns arising due to an accident. The policy is a 24-hour policy covering the employee during work, after work and in their own leisure time.
Why take up a group personal accident cover?
- Eliminate the burden of having all your employees completed detailed proposal forms by just giving generalized information about the group you want to have insured.
- The employees or proposed insured’s do not have to undergo rigorous medical examination before cover commences.
- Your employees are motivated as a GPA policy is a benefit to them.
- Additional covers including funeral expenses, artificial appliances can be arranged at reasonable costs.
- A minimum number of 5 employees will be required to effect cover.
- Accidental Death: Compensation is paid to the family member of the employee in case there is an injury resulting in the loss of life of the worker.
- Permanent Total Disability: If the employee meets any accident that resulted in a permanent disability that continued for 12 months, then the compensation up to sum assured is paid to the employee.
- Permanent Partial Disability: In case there is any injury to the employee due to which he became partially disabled, then 2% to 60% of the sum assured depending on the terms of the policy is paid by the insurer to the employee. But, the disability should be continued for more than 12 months.
- Weekly Benefits: The employee is entitled to a weekly benefit if he is full disabled, but for a temporary period to compensate the loss of salary due to not working.
- Mortal Remains Charges: The policy also reimburses all the expenses relating to transportation of mortal remains of the employee to his home or ground up to an agreed limit.
- Medical Reimbursements: The plan reimburses medical expenses and hospitalization charges related to the injury up to an agreed limit.
What’s not coveredThe Policy excludes injury which is the result of or is contributed to by
- Hazardous Pursuits or occupations a) any adventure, dangerous or hazardous sports or activities such as parachuting, mountaineering or rock climbing (with use of ropes or guides), potholing, winter sports (other than curling or skating), bungee jumping, diving with scuba apparatus, water skiing, hunting, show-jumping, steeple chasing; the professional practice or participation in any sport; riding or driving in any kind of race or endurance test.
- Intoxicating Liquor or Drugs alcoholism or drugs taken by the Insured other than drugs taken under medical supervision but not for the treatment of drug addiction.
- Self-inflicted injury or sickness suicide or attempted suicide intentional self-injury or
- Pregnancy/Childbirth pregnancy childbirth miscarriage or abortion.
- Pre-existing conditions any physical defect infirmity medical condition chronic or recurring sickness which existed at or before the commencement of this policy unless it has been declared to and accepted by the Company.
- Venereal Disease venereal or any other sexually transmitted diseases .
- HIV/AIDS HIV (Human Immune-deficiency Virus) and/or any HIV related illness including AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) and/or any mutant derivative or variations thereof however caused.
- War & Terrorism Exclusion
- Radioactivity and Nuclear risk a) ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
What’s optionalChoose optional add-ons at an additional cost to create cover that suits you.
- Political Violence and Terrorism: Cover against political violence and terrorism
- Death due to Natural Causes: Cover can be extended to include natural causes with our Group Life Extension
Other types of insurance cover
You will need contents insurance, sometimes known as all risk cover, for items for which you require cover out with the home. Please provide details of these items at the time of quotation to ensure that the policy provided meets with your requirements.
Accidental Damage cover provides protection against costs incurred through damage that you, your family members or visitors may cause to the structure of your Building or to your Contents. Examples of incidents which would be covered under this extension include putting your foot through the loft floor damaging the ceiling below, leaving a tap running leading to water damage or carpet spillages. Such incidents would not be included under a policy taken out to cover Standard Perils only.
Additional charges will apply and in certain circumstances this cover might not be available.
Items kept in the garage or garden sheds will be covered under the Contents section of your policy provided you have included their value in the total sum insured declared. Limits may apply to the amount that can be claimed for theft of items taken from outbuildings and additional charges may be made for certain items such as ride on mowers. Cover for motor vehicles and motorcycles is excluded. Please declare your requirements for cover kept in outbuildings at the time of quotation to ensure that the policy provided meets with your requirements.
In most cases you will need to arrange cover for your own contents and personal possessions. Please refer to your tenancy agreement to check what, if any cover is provided by your landlord.
An excess is the amount a policyholder is required to pay towards the cost of any claim. You may be asked to pay this amount to a company that has carried out repairs on behalf of your insurer, or alternatively the sum will be deducted from any settlement received.
- Ensure you declare a list of items to be insured under contents insurance including serial numbers, model, make and have the correct sum insured
- Always keep valuables safely and locked out of site to protect against the risk of theft