Goldstar Insrance Co. Ltd

Drop us a line

+256 41 4250110

Make a call

en English

What is Renters Insurance?

Renters Insurance from Goldstar is comprehensive cover to protect your residential premises against various risks when you are renting your home. Your home, as well as everything inside of it, is protected with Goldstar.

If you are renting out a property then you’ll need to have Home Insurance. Protecting your home and assets is vital to ensure all your hard work is not lost in the event of the unexpected.

Check your rental agreement as you may be required to take insurance for the building as well. If your landlord is responsible for the building, you can still purchase a tailored plan from Goldstar to cover your personal belongings.

  • Protection against loss, damage and more.

Loss or damage to buildings

  • Caused by events such as fire, theft and flooding
  • Cover includes garages, any domestic outbuildings, fences, walls or gates
  • We’ll also cover swimming pools, ponds and fountains, hard courts, terraces, and patios

Loss or damage to your contents

  • Caused by events such as fire, theft and flooding
  • Cover for your furniture, fixtures or fittings
  • Cover for valuables such as laptops, phones, jewellery and any other specified valuables
  • Cover in your home, outbuildings and garden
  • Plus we’ll cover items temporarily taken outside the home or garden or worldwide

New for old replacements

  • We’ll replace your damaged or destroyed belongings with new items
  • Or we’ll help with restorations, repairs or payment to choose your own replacements

Personal money

  • Cash in your home covered up to a limit – including travel tickets, gift vouchers and phone cards

Cover for domestic employees

  • Legal liability under the Workers’ Compensation Act to compensate home employees for accidental death or bodily injury in the course of duty

Public Liability

  • Legal liability to third parties for injury or damage to their property as a result of ownership or occupation of a residence

Unfortunately, we can’t cover everything – make sure you’re happy with what’s not covered, including:

  • Wet rot, dry rot or frost damage
  • Damage that’s been caused over time
  • Claims for poor workmanship or faulty design
  • Wear and tear, and the cost of repairing breakdowns or faults
  • Misplacing or accidentally losing items
  • Motorised vehicles, aircrafts, caravans or watercrafts of any kind
Renters Insurance

Other types of insurance cover

Home Insurance

Home Insurance

Home Insurance (Domestic Package) from Goldstar is comprehensive cover to protect your residential premises against various risks. Your home, as well as everything inside of it…

Motor Cycle insurance

Motor Cycle Insurance

We offer a range of options on Comprehensive Private Motor Cycle insurance so you can customize it to your individual needs.

Motor Insurance Commercial

Car insurance

Car insurance protects your vehicle from unforeseen risks and provides protection against the losses incurred.


You will need contents insurance, sometimes known as all risk cover, for items for which you require cover out with the home. Please provide details of these items at the time of quotation to ensure that the policy provided meets with your requirements.

Accidental Damage cover provides protection against costs incurred through damage that you, your family members or visitors may cause to the structure of your Building or to your Contents. Examples of incidents which would be covered under this extension include putting your foot through the loft floor damaging the ceiling below, leaving a tap running leading to water damage or carpet spillages. Such incidents would not be included under a policy taken out to cover Standard Perils only.

Additional charges will apply and in certain circumstances this cover might not be available.

Items kept in the garage or garden sheds will be covered under the Contents section of your policy provided you have included their value in the total sum insured declared. Limits may apply to the amount that can be claimed for theft of items taken from outbuildings and additional charges may be made for certain items such as ride on mowers. Cover for motor vehicles and motorcycles is excluded. Please declare your requirements for cover kept in outbuildings at the time of quotation to ensure that the policy provided meets with your requirements.

In most cases you will need to arrange cover for your own contents and personal possessions. Please refer to your tenancy agreement to check what, if any cover is provided by your landlord.

An excess is the amount a policyholder is required to pay towards the cost of any claim. You may be asked to pay this amount to a company that has carried out repairs on behalf of your insurer, or alternatively the sum will be deducted from any settlement received.


Goldstar claim process

No matter what your worry is, we’re here to help explain the process, assess your claim fairly and minimize the disruption to you with a transparent claims process.

How to make a claim

We have a number of options to help you make a claim quickly and effectively. Contact our dedicated claims team for advice on an incident/claim.

Why choose us ?

Goldstar Insurance was IFM’s Best Insurance Company in Uganda (2015) and has over the years consistently maintained a Global A+ Credit Rating