Who we are
Goldstar is one of the leading Insurance Companies in Uganda. We provide all types of General Insurance services to industrial, commercial, professional firms, Government institutions, individuals and other enterprises throughout Uganda.
In an uncertain world, Goldstar is an insurance leader, committed to keeping up with the ever charging needs of our customers, and anticipating their needs for the future. There is no stronger testement to our dedicated support from our local team and continued innovation.
Our strategic priorities
We aim to be the leading and most respected insurance company in Uganda. We will achieve this by focusing on the needs of our customers and our society, thereby delivering long-term sustainable value to all our stakeholders.
Our guiding principle has always been to ensure we have a strong and solid financial base to ensure we meet our
obligations to customers.
“To be an insurer of distinction, renowned and respected for unequaled customer service delivery”
Safeguard | Strengthen | Serve
To safeguard all stakeholders’ interests, continue Strengthening our resources so as to be of Service to all.
Our core values
- Customer Care and Satisfaction
- Prompt Service Delivery
- Social Conscience
How we measure performance
We track our progress in implementing our strategy with a range of financial and non-financial measures or key performance indicators.
Goldstar Insurance Company Ltd is Uganda’s largest local insurance organisation and one of the key players in the industry. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we aim to support our clients’ growth, protect their interests, and enable businesses to thrive to help people fulfill their hopes and realize their ambitions.
Our ambition is to be a respected insurer with a diverse portfolio by product and geography. We believe that building balance between different risks gives us opportunities for profitable growth throughout the insurance cycle.
2016 Gross written premium
Business Split (by GPW)
Source (by NPW)
Our foundation is based on four pillars:
- Strong and solid financial base – we believe in maintaining capital reserves in excess of the minimum stipulated by the regulator to ensure we meet our financial obligations and keep our promises to our clients.
- Sound reinsurance support and backing – we only use Reinsurers that are rated by reputable rating agencies to ensure our clients interests are protected.
- Prudent Underwriting – our aim is to ensure we build a sustainable business to ensure longevity and protection to our clients. Our focus is not just on top line production, our disciplined underwriting approach contributes to our solid financial foundation.
- Professional, experienced and highly skilled staff – with strong local and international experience and insight, highly skilled management team and courteous staff, we remain one of the most preferred insurers in the country today.